The Winter Olympics are extra special for us this year. First, of course, because they are in Vancouver. We have lots of family and friends living there, and have visited many times throughout the years- it's a beautiful city! There's just something extra special when such a huge world-wide event is being held in your own country. Those who watched the opening ceremonies got a good taste of Canada- Erik and I thought they were spectacular!! The second reason the Olympics are extra special this year is that we know an athlete! Megan Imrie is competing in the biathlon event. Her family owns the riding stables at Falcon Lake, MB, where my parents have their cottage, where I've spent every summer (almost) since I was born, where Erik and I met and got married. We have known Megan since we were little kids. It's oh-so exciting to watch a very familiar face compete in the Olympics! Go Megan!! And of course, GO CANADA!!
No comments:
Post a Comment