Saturday, September 4, 2010

New dress for Chloé

Here is my first attempt at making a "pillowcase dress".  I made one for Chloé first, just to make sure I knew what I was doing, then I made one (identical) for my niece for her birthday.  I'm glad I made 2 because my machine jammed up on me while making Chloé's, ruining the inside of one of the arm seams... Not really noticeable , just not that pretty if you look at the inside seam.  They were so fun to make!  And it should last a really long time- summer as a sundress, winter with a long sleeve top and leggings, a shorter sundress next summer and probably a few summers after that...  Oh how I love to sew!  

Smile!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet dress on a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, and i'm so glad you've caught the sewing bug! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress on sweet Chole. Her hair is getting so long, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute. Great job Mich. Nice to see the project you were describing to me just not too long ago in completion.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete